- Pre-heat the water reservoir filling a bowl with boiled water, or for the pro, place it on the mat and fill it up
- Grind your coffee and prepare it in the portafilter using either the doser or the tamper.
Important! Make sure to use a proper grinder with conical or flat burrs!
- Put the metal screen on top of the portafilter and place it in the Flair Lever Machine
- Remove the reservoir from the water and make sure to empty it for water, and place it onto the portafilter
- Fill the reservoir with water all the way to the top
- Pull the lever down and start applying just a little pressure to pre-wet the coffee for about 10 sec.
This allows for gasses in the coffee to start being released, which is important for a full extraction
- Now apply 6-9 bar pressure and watch the beautiful stream of espresso being poured into your cup.
If you have to apply more than 9 bar pressure to achieve any flow of coffee, it means your grind setting was too fine.
If you cannot reach 6 bar pressure it means your grind setting was too coarse.
- The total extraction time excluding the pre-wet time should be around 25-30 sec. for a proper espresso.